Friday, October 5, 2007

24 hours of travelling

items lost in within 24 hours of travel:
-book of short stories
-pair of contact lenses in case

Ailments:
-swollen feet and calves, it looks as if I have a mean case of gout (sp?) and my feet feel tingly and fall asleep while sitting or walking.
-intestinal problems.

Jason and I got to hang in the VIP lounge in Hong Kong since our flights were all delayed and postponed. We ate and ate...mmmmmm, we were sad to leave.

Flying into the Shanghai airport, the sites a half a mile in the air were spectacular. Huts and factories, apartments across from the factories, parts of factories looking like shacks and such.

I watched a woman in a periwinkle outfit sweep the sidewalk last night, making nice piles of discarded items in the gutter of the street. While 3 men squatted around a bike, searching for the hole in the tire tube. Bicycles and skooters whizzing bye. Kindly introduced to the doorman of the building who lives under the stairs - his "apartment" being roughly the size of a full size bed.

Today, we went through markets, I catch the turning heads to get a look at me every now and again. Sensing Jason's frustrations for me not understanding 99.9 percent of any language. I drank fresh pressed Sugar Cane juice and walked through the market of second hand electronics and boot leg cell phones, being careful not to bump into the small boy taking a pee pee in the storm drain in the middle of the walkway.

My feet are swollen, I have slight jet lag, so I will rest.

Blogger is strange, the language has appeared in Chinese so this is a hint to me that this all may monitored more than I had previously thought. I have already read warnings in the airport to Bloggers....

No comments: